29 January 2014

spend time with me.

WHAT WILL YOU DISCOVER?  LOOK DEEPER.  ONE ON ONE.

Have you ever felt like the very thing you are supposed to be doing (yet you're ignoring), seems to jump out at you, subtly or obviously, in every area of your life?  From the book I've been reading, my still small voice inside, words found in a magazine ... 

It's been pretty chaotic in my life lately.  I haven't invested time to learn and replenish from God's Word - one source of His voice speaking into my life.  I've felt, at moments, dull with out truth on the tip of my tongue.  I've been lacking.  Missing time spent with Father.

I finished up a book earlier today that highlighted how God's truth--current, recent and up to date in our day-to-day lives--can keep me clear of offence.  Then this evening, my small group leader encouraged us to look through different magazines and pick out "things" that were being spoken to me by God.  And what jumped out at me but:

Spend time with Me.

Lately, my heart and mind have been craving to learn and do just that, but I haven't made the time for it.  I've been distracted.  Until, the words started speaking to me,

What will you discover?  Look deeper (into who I am).  Spend some one-on-one time with Me.

When I opened up to hearing and spending that time with Him, this is what the magazine's images/words spoke to me about God, and His character...

TO THE MOON
FAIR
GLOBALLY YOURS
MAKER
GOOD
POWER

Taking those few minutes to "hear"/discover/etc from Him ... He more than just revealed how good He is to me.  He grabbed my attention and spoke to me and the very matters that have been weighing in my heart lately.

God is so cool.


pic pix: words found from a magazine, 29.Jan.2013, Calgary, AB

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails