16 July 2013

the salad of summer 2013.

It occurred to me, while looking for the label "recipe" that I haven't featured recipes here on my blog.  To me, it seems a little funny, as I:
1. love food,
2. love making new food, and
3. did I mention, love food?!

I've learnt from my Gramma, that you are never too old to try something new...if it be parasailing at the age of 82, or testing out new recipes on dinner guests - why not?!  As a constant inspiration, I buy magazines, hunt on pinterest, adopt/duplicate ideas I've tasted at restaurant and such just for something "new".  What bothers Matt the most, is that if I concoct/replicate something good, I usually forget to write it down(!).  But not this one ...

PEACH & CUCUMBER SALAD
*found in Real Simple-July 2013 magazine

WHAT YOU NEED.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 peaches, pitted, thinly sliced
4 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced

WHAT TO DO.
Toss all ingredients.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Yes, that easy.  Serves 4.

Note: important to use apple cider vinegar as it blends perfectly with the sweetness of the peach.

Bon appetit!


pic pix: this crunchy, sweet salad, from my kitchen, 15.Jul.2013

4 comments:

Allison Jane said...

MMMmmm! I made this yummy salad with dinner last night, and it was fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :)

sarah nadine said...

@Allison - and if you come over, this is what we'll be having...!!! i think i am addicted!

glad you enjoyed as much as i did :)


xo

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!

sarah nadine said...

@melinda dirorio - it is! hope you tried it!!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails