23 September 2013

hello fall.


We had the privilege of taking a quick trip out to Farimont (with my family!!) this past weekend.  If you've never driven on the road from Banff to Radium, you sure are missing out and it's time that you do it. There were waterfalls and mini-hikes along the way ... with wildlife popping out everywhere (I saw deer, a bear, coyotes ...).  Truly lovely.

There's something so nostalgic about the mountains for me.  Probably because I grew up with them always just sitting there in the west horizon.  Their beauty will never cease to amaze me.  Their grandeur will never lose it's adventurous appeal.  Their familiarity will never grow old.

Much like my cozy mountain reminiscence, I feel exactly the same about autumn.  It's sentimental, adventurous, comfortable scent.  The fact that everything seems cozier and thicker (sweaters, blankets, layers, food!) even though we do some of the very same things in other seasons.  It feels like a season that you can start new projects and have the confidence to see them through.

There's so much to anticipate this fall for us ... a brand new baby for starters!  It's going to be a fun season.  A beautiful season.  A season to create new memories.

And for all of this ... I can't wait!

pic pix: up at Numa Falls, Kootenay Provincial Park, BC, 22.September.2013

2 comments:

beccawaterloo said...

wow. what GORGEOUS pictures! take me there!

bwaterloo.wordpress.com

beccawaterloo said...

wow. what GORGEOUS pictures! take me there!

bwaterloo.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails