31 August 2012

let's talk

I find it funny (ok...more *ironic*) that when you are thinking/dwelling on a certain thought, it somehow always works it's way into your conversation.  With whoever, whenever, wherever however!  Like your train of thought, making every railroad station hear the same "steam" blown from the previous stop.

Lately, my mind has been chewing on the topic of "talking".

Earlier tonight, my two sister-in-laws and myself went out on a wee shopping expedition.  Without any children or husbands ... just us three.  We had coffee, shopped, talked, and drove and drove.  Then, talked some more!  Conversation was refreshing, open, sweet, the reminiscing & sharing kind.

It's more than good to communicate like that.  To get my mind ramblings out in a raw and natural way.  Nothing premeditated or unrealistic.  One heart honestly talking to the next.  A true tête-à-tête.

After leaving and thanking God for a special time to share with my sisters, it reminded me how God unreservedly craves our continual conversation.  Our communication.  Our confessions.

Sing to Him, sing praises to Him.
Meditate on and talk of all His wondrous deeds ...
Psalm 105:2

Always be joyful.
Never stop praying.
1 Thessalonians 5:16 & 17

But, if we confess our sins to Him, 
He is faithful and just 
to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all wickedness.
1 John 1:9


Again, I'm being awakened to the crazy, wonderful reality, that God ~ our Creator, my super-hero God ~ just wants me to TALK with Him.  How I converse with family and friends, sharing the happy, sad, mad, glad moments.  Simply, communicating with Him.  

Like my boy communicates with his dad when he gets home from work ...

Like a random message taped up for strangers to read ...

Like girlfriends re-uniting for coffee and a chat ...

He just wants us to talk to Him.

pic pix: all photos in Calgary, 2011-2012

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails