28 February 2013

awake.


Ever had those moments where you realize that you've been "sleeping" for a few days and have just woken up?  Even the regular routine of life hasn't felt normal because you've been coasting through out of habit.  That's me to the "T" today ... just waking up and feeling like I'm seeing the sun for the first time this week.

It could be that I had a good full night's rest(!) and the sun IS shining so beautifully, and both Judah and I are happy today, and....etc.  But this morning, some of my first definitive thoughts were on God's goodness and how He allows us to "rise and shine".  Then I saw this instagram picture and knew God was pressing something on my heart.

"Your thoughts, how rare, how beautiful!  God I'll never comprehend them!  I couldn't even begin to count them--and more than I could count the sand of the sea.  Oh let me rise in the morning with you and live always with you!"
Psalm 139:17-18

This morning, I am thankful to rise in the morning with our God.  I am blessed to live life with Him near.

I am awake.



A song to kick off your morning.  Another passage to read.

pic pix: new mexico morning, Oct.2013, Albuquerque, NM

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails