30 October 2012

the bragging boots


Ever found yourself an amazing deal on something, and can't keep it in with how well you scored on it's price??  Maybe you're not that kind of person - that feels the need to share exciting news with others ... but I sure am (like after we got engaged, I shared my news with random strangers in the elevator, on the bus, in the street...!!).  Was I ever in the advertising mood after finding these cute lil winter boots for Juju.  While thrifting the other morning, I picked up these bad boys (plus a pair of brand new socks) for a steal at $2.99!  I must say ... I was pret-ty happy with my incredible find.  Until ...

I lost one of them.

Yup.  My finder's pride was halted when I went to go show them off to my sister-in-law and the one tiny boot was gone.  I drove back to the store we were at and retraced all of our steps with no avail.  The perfect fit/style (and price) of boot, no more.  As was my bragging ... no more.  Until last night ...

M'love was down in our complex's parkade, and what was sitting in the wash-bay?  That itty-bitty boot!  I'm back to bragging again!


As I was thinking about how excited/proud I could be over a little deal like that, I started thinking of an ever bigger thing to be over the moon about.  Something that I didn't even have to pay for, but it was given to me, and is a lot longer lasting than any deal thrifted or bought new.

God's forgiveness in my life.

Here I am, living my little life "on cloud nine" over my short-lived find and bragging about it, when there is something GREATER and more POWERFUL that actually constantly fuels my existence. my joy. my peace. my strength...

My freedom to not be enslaved to sin!

God has set me free and I need to gloat about that.  He has covered my sins with His never-ending love.  He has set my feet on solid ground.  He has vowed to never leave me nor forsake me.  He has created me so that He may love me.  He promises us eternal life in heaven with Him.  And ALL this for three easy payments of ... free!  Nada, zilch, nothing.

Now that's a DEAL I should be (and am going to be) bragging about.

For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be BOLD for Christ, 
as I have been in the past.  And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.  
For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.
Philippians 1:20-21




pic pix: the bragging boots, 29.Oct.2012, Calgary, AB

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails