25 October 2012

slice of apple pie


I've been meaning to post Judah's 4-month pictures, but haven't gotten to editing them yet (1st, 2nd, 3rd months here, here, and here).  Really, there is no huge reason I haven't posted it yet, except for my terrible procrastination.  While procrastinating, I work myself into thinking, "Well, I can't go any further until I've gotten that post (or whatever it is I am procrastinating) out of the way..."  Then, I don't get things done (other posts written).  I set an order or a timeline of how things should happen and 'give up' when life doesn't progress that way.




Obviously, there are some things in life that require a specific order (i.e. a proposal would not be as exciting/special if you got married THEN got proposed to!) and just wouldn't work without going in a orderly sequence.  But I do think we limit ourselves from moving into the next stage our lives when we focus too much on what/how the progression should be.  Sometimes it's a job, relationship, life event, or even a simple blog post that hasn't happened in the "correct order" that hinders us from leaping to he next lily pad ... allowing us to miss out on enjoying life's moments.  Today's moments!

Imagine life as an apple pie.  A whole pie that you get to eat to yourself.  You eye up the best looking piece (or circumstance) that you think you should enjoy right now.  But, the slice that gets served to you is not that piece.  Eventually, in the course of life, you'll get to eat that initial piece and it'll be just as delicious as the piece(s) you had before it.

Don't get hung up on the order that you get to eat it/live life.  Savor what's being served up to you right now.


**new test-kitchen pie crust recipe ... thanks Martha Stewart!

pic pix: Judah & I making apple pie for last night's company, 24.Oct.2012, Calgary, AB

3 comments:

calista said...

Looks like your little one is good "help" in the kitchen :-) It is so much fun to watch them discover things that we consider every day, run of the mill stuff that we have to deal with.

Pie, however, is never run of the mill stuff. Pie is always enjoyed, any day of the week!

sarah nadine said...

@callee - YES! and how they learn by watching what we do can be amazing and scary all in the same breath!

hope you know, you're always welcome to come to my house to enjoy a slice of pie with me :)

xo

calista said...

Ooooh, I would love to come to your house for pie!!! You're always welcome at my house too.

I should renew my passport ;-}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails