31 December 2014

dear 2014 ...

It's funny how a traditional season and then a season for all things new are lined up back-to-back on our calendar year.  We spend a whole month (December) up-keeping traditions and "things of old" because that's our family's Christmas lore.  Then, once January hits, we are all looking to change up our habits and grow.

I personally like to keep things fresh throughout the whole year (read about my goal setting here) and don't just make new years goals.  So, with that mind set, the change from December to January isn't as much defining the new year to me as it is more of a reflective time thinking back on the previous year.

So as for 2014 ... you were a hard year.  Probably one of the hardest I've had to trudge through.  Yet, within some of those most painful moments, I have the best memories and things that could have happened to me.  Instead of lamenting(!), here are some highlights and things I am over-the-moon grateful about:

. watching my boys become the best of friends (14/52 picture)
. witnessing my husband steadily working to provide for us
. getting breakthrough in my personal struggles 1 | 2 | 3 to name a few
. seeing first-hand how our business has grown exponentially
. having the best camping trip this summer with my little family
. experienced a deeper love (and more patience then you or I will ever know) from Matt
. documenting the simple family times

Hope you all have a wonderful NYE and can find a few minutes to be grateful for the good in 2014 - despite what kind of year you had!

bisous xo


pic pix: family skating excursion, 27.Dec.2014, Lake Louise, AB

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy New Year to you as well! Here's to a happier 2015. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails