05 September 2012

grateful to the core

As I sit here in my pjs, drinking my mint tea, cozy-ied up on the couch, and just loving this time when I'm the only one up at our house, I can't help but be so thankful for ALL that I have been given - relationally, emotionally, physically, spiritually.  So many amazing things I get to be a part of ... and it's too often that I don't stop and recognize them.  Tonight, it hit me again how quickly I can oversee my blessings...

__________ 

We checked out an acreage tonight.  A perfect mountain view(!) at a perfect price, with the perfect amount of potential to see a dream unfold for us.  Okay, okay, it's not totally perfect ... there is a ton of work to be done to the land, we would eventually have to build another house on it.  PLUS, it's not like I can’t really even get my hopes up for something we haven’t even put an offer in for yet!

The whole drive home, as I sat in the backseat listening to Matt and my brother (our realtor) talk logistics, I kept day-dreaming about the different ways we could make the temporary house our home, the work involved to get it there, how different seasons would be living there, the killer view at sunrise and sunset ... etc. etc.  To say I was caught up with the possibilities is a complete understatement!  My mind got to thinking, "If only we had our own place, we could...", "If only we lived out of the city, we could...", "If only...if only....if only...".  When we got home, I can't say there were distinct thoughts of non-satisfaction with our current living situation, but, nor was there really a pronounced thankfulness either.

I'm not wanting to beat myself up about being excited (I still am, by the way!) or make something out of nothing.  I simply, and entirely, want to be focused and grateful for the many realities/blessings God has given to me to me daily.  If that one day, be an acreage, or tomorrow, be my apartment ... I want thankfulness to be at the core.

"My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live Him. You're deeply rooted in Him. You're well constructed upon Him. You know your way around your faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over with thanksgiving."
Colossians 2:6-8, The Message


__________

If you didn't already know ... I'm SO thankful for these two ...


... and special moments like these!


pic pix: taken with VSCO camera, Calgary, July-August.2012

 

1 comment:

Allison Jane said...

Thanks for the reminder! It is so easy to feel discontent with the many blessings we do have. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails