08 December 2009

foreground


fore-ground: noun [the part of the view that is nearest to the observer; the most prominent or important position or situation]
fore-ground: verb [make (something) the most prominent or important feature]

Isn't it funny, when something is on your mind, EVERYTHING seems to relate to that thought?! Say if it were someone ... reflections and faces remarkably resemble one of his/her features. If its a feeling or emotion (like being in love) ... you can be guaranteed that every song, photograph, and happy thing makes you want to smile because of its similarity to that which is on your mind.

I thought about this tunnel (there I go relating things again!) when my mind started to wonder and ponder on the thought above. When I am in a tunnel of thought/vision, everything casted beyond that tunnel is shadowed with a foreground of my current "tunnel". This very tunnel in Quito, apart of la Calle Ronda, had lights that would illuminate different colors every few minutes. After the sequence of colors was played, I knew I wanted to photograph the deep indigo blue hues because of the contrast and the 'vibe' that I felt - mysterious warmth.

Daily, I know I do the very same thing. Maybe not with varied colors brightening a tunnel, but with circumstance, emotion, and people we surround ourselves with. Creating a symptom, persay, known as being 'tunnel-visioned'. The dictionary describes "tunnel-vision" as a short-sightedness ... myopia ... focusing only what is immediately in front of you, blurring objects [life] that are farther ahead.

Rather than getting stuck within a concentration of myself (only my woes, joys, prospects, realities), I will change my foreground and REJOICE in ALL that is given to me in view today! I set out and advance with HOPE as my vanguard, pushing aside selfish sights, making "prominent" this beautiful panorama without limits.



pic pix : la Calle Ronda tunnel, Quito, Ecuador - '08

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails