30 November 2009

certain certainties


When you are absolutuley sure about something, you exhibit confidence, you stride with a bold step, you "know what you know"! Sometimes I wonder if I am really CERTAIN of joy, and what it beholds ...
Its not only a word to understand, its a lifestyle. Seen not just through one pane of glass named "JOY", but perceived through a frame that's expanse encompasses the sky above us. Classified as an emotion, known as a state. Its entirety supremely surpasses the extent to which I understand ... do I really KNOW joy?

Of course, I have experienced, seen, and been blessed by joy. For one, those that love me bring me such joy in the thought of it! Receiving the ultimate Gift of Salvation (another attribute of love), and living in a life interpreted within God's promises is also casted with joy. But if I am so confident that I associate and identify with joy as a certainty, why do I allow myself to sometimes be depressed, sad?
I do not doubt that it will be something that each of us will face as we tread our path here on earth. But we need to walk in CERTAINTY, savoring that JOY that is not only sustaining but everlasting. Our days are numbered and unknown, that of which I am also certain(!). Each moment breathed must be authentically concrete ... for we can have real, assured JOY!

... Hearts unfold like flowers before thee, opening to the sun above.
Melt the clouds of sin and sadness, drive the dark of doubt away.
Giver of immortal gladness, fill us with the Light of day ...
{vs 2 - JOYful JOYful, We Adore Thee, Henry J. van Dyke}


Colorfully leap in such certainty ... :)



pic pix: me & boo's "love-joy-peace walk" - Fish Creek Park '08

3 comments:

sara k arsenault said...

My dear friend,

First, your picture captures so much what joy is. It's easy to see, it's abundant, and yet it can fly away as quickly as it came. But the important thing is, like your cute little leaves, it is everywhere!

It makes it firm in my mind that we could not experience true joy without experience true pain - in its other forms - like depression or stress. How could we determine what feels so wonderful without knowing it's nemesis?

Sometimes the eyes that we look through are clear, light, easy, and expectant of what is to come. Add the darkness of doubt or pain and all of a sudden that view we had is not so clear. The more ambiguity that surrounds us casts a shadow that can change the look of certain things in front of us. But He is here to light your way. And we (as in me and Korean) ok, and everyone we know are here to help move those uncertainties.

I pray for you to find more joy for your day. You deserve the most because you are joy in a person form.

xo

sara k arsenault said...

Um, it appears I have left my grammar at home.

sarah nadine said...

grammar shmammer ... either way, we'll find a way to clamor! thanks for your insight and the 'always' JOY you bring wherever you go:) love love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails